I was born in Karachi, Pakistan and moved to the United States with my family in 1998. I was raised in Laurel, Md., and attended the University of Maryland, where I received a B.S. in Information Systems and Operations Management in May 2014. While at Maryland, I was an active member of Sigma Phi Epsilon, a campus tour guide, as well as a student employee in several university positions. In July 2015, I moved to Fort Worth, Texas, where I currently live and work as a technology partner at Bell.
Objectives and Summary
Because my interests and passions are all over the place, I often find it difficult to pinpoint a single "dream job" or career field I would like to join. Regardless of the field I step into, though, I have two universal career objectives:
- Build something - whether it's an app, an advertising campaign or a nonprofit program, I want to be a part of a team that produces something of value
- Make a direct impact on my company and community - I have never been the type of person to stay in the background. It's imperative that my position allows me to directly impact the organization's objectives. Also, I want to do work that improves the community around me, whether it's through service work or being a part of an organization whose core objectives are to work for the public good
Whatever field I ultimately join, some strengths I believe will lead me to success include:
- My ability to learn and adapt - I am never afraid to ask questions if I don't know something or don't know how to perform a task, and I am usually pretty quick to pick things up after getting trained
- Teamwork skills - Not only can I work well with others, it's actually what I prefer as opposed to working mostly by myself. From taking on multiple leadership roles, I believe I've learned what it takes to successfully work with a team, both big and small
- My lighthearted personality - Humor at work is something I take very seriously. And I'm well aware of the paradox in that statement. I strongly believe work can be more enjoyable and more productive if we all injected a bit of humor into each day.
I consider myself a well-rounded person with many various interests, such as:
- Graphic design
- Creative writing
- Video editing